Monday, March 26, 2012

On This Day In History

I feel like a broken record player, talking about this as much as I do. But I think my enthusiasm will someday take me somewhere! So that's why I don't bother to change my ways. But on this day in history, one year to be exact; I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! My love for our Lord and Savior has never been as strong as it has been in this last year. I honestly think it's even safe to say that I don't think that love ever even existed before this year. Which is definitely a huge step for me, since I've changed so much throughout the last year, I'm still me. But, just a better, more positive version of me.

This week doesn't only mark my one year anniversary of being a member of this wonderful church. But this week, I will also be attending the April 2012 General Conference up in Salt Lake Utah City with Savannah and her family. Along with going out to dinner with Elder Saager and his new companion, Elder Lloyd! There is just a ton that will be filling this week up and honestly, I really can't wait. It's been six months since he has been transferred out of the Del Cerro ward, and I've progressed a lot since both him and Elder Malietoa have moved on in their life's journey. Which to say, is really good and I'm looking forward to getting the opportunity to catch up with him and to get to know his new companion. Who I got to meet a few weeks ago at the latest Mission President Fireside.

My testimony is strengthened every day. Every time I kneel down and pray, every time I meet with my home teachers, every time I step foot into institute and church, every time I read the scriptures and every time I get the chance to meet with the missionaries. Beauty is all around us, because Heavenly Father has allowed it to. Jesus Christ formed the atonement so we could be happy, so we could live to serve Him and so we could prove ourselves ready and worthy to come back to our Father in Heaven and I intend on taking advantage of that as much as I positively and possibly can. I know that He live, I know that my redeemer lives and I know that they both love us dearly.

My mission in life is to testify of Christ and of all the many blessings that He will allow to be in our lives if we decide to follow His commandments, be baptized in Christ's name and do whatever we can to Serve Him. I must be doing something right, because Heavenly Father has worked some really extreme miracles into my life. Meeting my missionaries, Elder Saager and Elder Malietoa was definitely a life changing experience, and I hope that they know that I'll always love them for everything that they've done for me and I hope to always have them in my life. I know that everything that they did was done by Heavenly Father. I know that through them He was able to work great joy into my life, but like I've expressed before; even though we have agency, everything still happens for a reason. I was in that church building that first time for a reason. I met Elder Saager and Elder Malietoa for a reason, I became friends with Savannah for a reason. And I just have to say, I love that. I feel, incredible. I feel the hand of the Lord in my life and I know He listens to me. He listens to all of us and he is incredibly mindful of us, whether we realize it or not.

Which is why I'm really looking forward to going to G.C and hearing what the Lord has in store for us to hear this time around. I'm excited to be able to experience that journey and to visit Temple square. Which means that I'll be able to cross off another Temple that I've visited.

I hope that the year to come will bring as many great opportunities as this year has, and I hope that I will receive the opportunity to help others and serve like I have this year. I love this church, I love our Father in Heaven, our Savior Jesus Christ, and everybody that I've come close to through the church. This path, will someday take me home!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Mary-Kate! Even better, I know Heavenly Father is really pleased with you too. Keep it up--you're definitely going places in life as long as you live the Gospel. <3

    ReplyDelete